There is a large number of BGS members in Thessaloniki and over the past years they have organised a range of events and activities. Thus members who come from all the various professions and disciplines have many opportunities to renew acquaintance with old friends and make new contacts and friendships.
Members are welcome to bring along their friends to the Society’s social gatherings and are encouraged to introduce other British graduates to the Society. Apart from attending BGS events there are many ways that members can play an active role in the Society.
Some of the past events held in Thessaloniki include:
- Jazz concert “In the Secret Pathways of Jazz” with Dimitris Vassilakis (BGS member) and Andy Sheppard at “Mylos”
- Art exhibition “Poems Turn into Paintings” by Yannis Papagiannis (BGS member) at “TinT” Gallery
- “Career Seminar for UK Graduates” with BGS members from Manpower and ICAP S.A. as speakers (organised by the British Council, Thessaloniki)
- Conference “Financial Management for Small/Medium Enterprises” with lectures by BGS members, at the “Money Show”, Hyatt Regency, Thessaloniki
- New Year Reception at “Del Arte” bar/restaurant
- Summer Garden Party with live music at the “Villa Allatini”, Nomarchia Thessalonikis
- Autumn Reception at “Del Arte” bar/restaurant
- Pre-Christmas Reception at “Bandiera-Athiri” bar/restaurant
- “New Year 50th Anniversary Reception”
- “Picasso, Suite 347” Exhibition of Engravings, private viewing and reception
- “50th Anniversary Summer Garden Party” at the “Casa Bianca”
For more information, till further notice, contact the BGS Athens office